Top Social Media Agencies
Did you know that 91% of businesses used social media for marketing purposes in 2019?
We’ve researched the best social media agencies and ranked them based on the quality of their portfolios, expertise, average rates, client feedback and leadership. Here are the top three:
Mad Icarus Media is a social media management agency that offers account set up, content sharing, ad creation and audience building. They have worked with clients from different industry backgrounds such as food & beverage, education and employment.
Best Social Media Marketing Agencies – 2020 Rankings
Here is an extended list of the top social media marketing agencies that can manage your social accounts, increase your traffic and boost your conversions.
|COMPANY||WEBSITE||LOCATION||TEAM SIZE||AVERAGE RATE||MINIMAL BUDGET
|1. GB Agency||http://gb.agency||New York||Under 49||$125/hr||$1,000+|
|2. shark communications||https://sharkcomm.com||Vermont||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000+|
|3. Advertising Advantage||https://www.adad.com.au||Australia||Under 49||Inquire||$50,000+|
|4. Bell Media||https://www.gobellmedia.com||Alabama||50 - 99||$125/hr||$1,000+|
|5. beMarketing||https://bemarketing.com||Pennsylvania||Under 49||$100/hr||Under $1,000|
|6. Digital Success||http://www.digitalsuccess.us||Texas||50 - 99||$35/hr||Inquire|
|7. IPNY||https://www.ipny.com||New York||Under 49||$250/hr||$50,000+|
|8. ImageWorks Creative||https://www.imageworkscreative.com||Virginia||50 - 99||Inquire||Inquire|
|9. Agency ETA||https://AgencyETA.com||California||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000+|
|10. eBoost Consulting||https://www.eboostconsulting.com||California||Under 49||$150/hr||$10,000+|
|11. Scketch Digital Solutions||https://www.scketch.com||India||Under 49||$20/hr||$10,000+|
|12. Fuse Agency Australia||https://fuseagency.com.au||Australia||Under 49||$165/hr||Under $1,000|
|13. Juniper Park\TBWA||https://www.juniperparktbwa.com||Canada||100 - 249||Inquire||Inquire|
|14. Syntax Communications||https://syntaxcommunications.com||Pakistan||50 - 99||Inquire||Under $1,000|
|15. ENCE Marketing Group||http://encemarketing.com||Singapore||Under 49||$50/hr||Under $1,000|
|16. Ambition Insight||https://ambitioninsight.com||Florida||Under 49||$125/hr||Under $1,000|
|17. ifour||https://ifour.co.uk||India||100 - 249||$14/hr||Inquire|
|18. Sidewalk Branding Co.||https://sidewalkbranding.co||Rhode Island||Under 49||$110/hr||$1,000+|
|19. MSalesLeads||http://www.msalesleads.com||Florida||Under 49||$25/hr||$1,000+|
|20. DreamCo Design||https://www.dreamcodesign.com||Illinois||Under 49||$100/hr||$1,000+|
|21. Abstract Softweb||https://www.abstractsoftweb.com||California||100 - 249||$15/hr||$1,000+|
|22. Anderson Collaborative||https://andersoncollaborative.com||Florida||Under 49||Inquire||$1,000+|
|23. Stevens & Tate Marketing||https://stevens-tate.com||Illinois||Under 49||$120/hr||$1,000+|
|24. Brenton Way||https://brentonway.com||California||50 - 99||$125/hr||$1,000+|
|25. Board Studios Inc||https://boardstudios.com||New York||Under 49||$50/hr||$1,000+|
What Is A Social Media Agency?
In a nutshell, a social media marketing agency is in charge of representing your brand across different social platforms with the aim to enhance your online presence.
These companies use social media channels to connect you with your target market, increase brand awareness, drive website traffic and boost your sales.
Social media managers are strategic, data-driven and creative. Depending on their unique offering, some may even provide content writing and graphic design services.
These experts determine your most important KPIs. Then they set clear goals and run different campaigns to help you achieve your goals.
The number of social media users is constantly on the increase and by 2021 it is projected to grow up to 3.1 billion.
This is why more and more businesses are using social media as a means of a marketing channel. In fact, in 2019, 91% of businesses used social media services to accelerate their business growth. (Statista)
What Does A Social Media Agency Specialize In?
Social media agencies always stay on top of emerging trends and technologies to be able to come up with efficient strategies.
Their primary responsibilities include:
- Conducting market research and competition analysis: These experts need to understand your objectives and the environment you operate to be able to meet your goals.
- Managing accounts: They develop relevant content topics and create and publish social posts to engage your audience and establish a relationship with them.
- Running campaigns: Social media marketing agencies create and run social campaigns to promote your products or services while targeting the right audience.
- Reputation management: These specialists build an online reputation by responding to reviews with care and in a timely manner.
- Analyzing reports: A social media management agency tracks the results of its ads and campaigns to monitor the effectiveness of their strategies and measures their impact on your brand.
- And more
What Are The Different Types Of Social Media Marketing Agencies?
Based on the services they offer, we can classify social media agencies into several categories:
- Consulting: There are social media agencies that mainly focus on providing you with tips and advice on how to manage your social accounts the right way.
- Campaign management: Some of these agencies are only responsible for managing social campaigns. Their tasks include planning, running ads and measuring results by tracking different metrics.
- Publishing: These social media agencies particularly focus on publishing content on social platforms consistently. They follow best practices like posting at the desired time, targeting the right audience, incorporating branding elements, etc.
- Content creation: Some social media marketing agencies, on the other hand, have a skilled team of designers, writers and editors who help you with creating original and high-quality content.
- Community management: These companies manage your leads and their primary responsibilities include engaging with them, solving their problems and answering their questions with the aim to turn them into loyal clients.
- Full-service management: These social media marketing agencies offer a full range of management services that help you establish or strengthen your online presence.
In addition, we can also divide social media marketing agencies according to the platforms they specialize in.
Thereby, some of them deliberately choose to provide strategies for particular channels like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, while others are qualified in the most popular platforms on the market.
How Much Do Social Media Agencies Charge?
The cost of social media management services varies greatly and it will depend on the following factors:
- The number of social networks to be managed
- The type of your business
- The structure of customer support
- The amount of work that needs to be done
- The number of social media managers engaged
- The experience and seniority of the agency
- The type of plan you choose
Approximately, in 2020 you can expect to pay:
- $400 – $7,000 for a monthly fee
- $35 – $175 for a fee per hour
5 Reasons To Hire A Social Media Marketing Agency
Here are the top five reasons to invest in a social media management agency:
1. Following The Best Practices
58% of social media users prefer to see visual over written content. (Sprout Social)
The key to maximizing your social media presence and getting the most out of your campaigns is following the best social media marketing practices.
However, since every social platform is different and has its own guidelines, best posting times and post types, you may not be able to be in pace with the changing methodologies that are proven to work.
This is where a social media management agency can be quite useful.
They always keep track of algorithm updates and are up to date with emerging trends. So, these experts know what are the best methods and tactics to incorporate in their strategies and grow your brand.
For instance, you probably didn’t know that social users like to see more visual than written content in their news feeds or that tweets containing visual content are 94% more likely to be retweeted, did you?
2. Having Access To Premium Tools
On average, the best Facebook posting time is 9 a.m. across all industries. (HubSpot)
It takes a great deal of premium and expensive tools to deliver an effective social media strategy and measurable results, tools that not everyone can afford to use.
Social media agencies spend thousands of dollars on image libraries and editors, grammar checkers, reporting platforms, analytical, scheduling and a range of other useful tools.
These resources will allow your social media marketing agency to understand your target market well, successfully implement campaigns, provide you with important metrics on your brand performance and improve your ROI.
For example, some tools are able to tell the best posting times and days across all platforms. Knowing when to share something new each day is important in making sure that your audience sees your posts
3. Gaining A Competitive Advantage
A social media management agency is qualified in managing your presence on social platforms. And its job does not only incorporate sharing posts just for the sake of being active.
But, one of its main responsibilities is to promote your products, services, benefits or solutions on an improved level than other players in your industry.
A social media marketing agency is able to deal with competitive environments. By doing an in-depth analysis of your competitors, this expert will find out their strengths and weaknesses and use them to create a strategy that will push you a step ahead of them.
Thanks to the expertise of a social media agency, you can gain a competitive advantage and increase your profit.
4. Receiving Meaningful Reports
A social media marketing agency always tracks important metrics to analyze your brand’s performance and monitor their strategies. So, they will provide you with analytical reports from time to time.
They are important for you to follow because they will give you an insight into how successful your campaigns are, how much website traffic they bring, how many conversions they make and more.
Thus, your social media marketing agency will focus on tracking:
- Share of voice
These metrics and reports require being qualified to track them. So, this is not something every business owner or manager can do. They need to be provided by a social media agency that has the skills to leverage them to improve the strategies and contribute to your business growth.
5. Increasing Productivity
Giving your industry competent employees the tasks to handle your social media management can reduce their productivity and lead to burn-out.
They don’t have the required skills to manage your social platforms. And while you believe you are reducing your costs by asking them to do so, you are wasting time and money since they may struggle to cover all the responsibilities social media marketing demands.
Handling these tasks to a social media agency, on the other hand, will improve your productivity and remove all the stress from your people.
When working with a social media marketing agency, no employee training is required and no time of their work is taken. Instead, you allow them to focus on their other important duties where they can use their strengths and potential to the fullest.
How To Hire A Social Media Management Agency?
Before you start your search for the right social media agency, make sure you determine your goals first.
Think about what social media success means to you and what you want to achieve by partnering with a social media agency. Do you want to generate more website traffic? Maybe boost your visibility? Or, outsmart your competition?
Once you have clear objectives it would be much easier for you to find an agency that can meet your expectations.
Then, once you begin comparing companies and making a selection, consider the following factors:
- Culture fit: Ask yourself whether the social media manager you consider is a partner you can work with. You need to pick a company whose culture aligns with yours since it is the key to effective communication and collaboration.
- Reviews: See what past customers say about the potential companies since they may impact your decision as well. Reviews and testimonials will show you what these agencies are like and how reliable they are.
- Budget: Figure out which of the social media marketing agencies on our list can fit your budget. All of them come in different shapes and sizes so they will naturally come at different costs. So, to shorten your list of companies down, ask about the pricing structures they have.
- Industry expertise: Go through the portfolios of every social media manager and see what industries they specialize in. Choosing a partner that has already served your niche is not mandatory, but it is recommended. Those agencies that know the market you operate in well will need less time to come up with a strategy, and perhaps can meet your goals better.
20 Questions To Ask Before Hiring Social Media Manager
- What are your core competencies?
- Which social media channels do you have experience with?
- According to you, what platforms should my brand be present on?
- Have you ever worked with clients in my industries? What results have you delivered?
- How will you adjust your strategies to my business goals?
- What are the specific steps of establishing a strong social media presence?
- What is your online community management strategy?
- What is your content development strategy? How often will you post? How will you make sure it is unique and different from our competition?
- Where will you provide images from?
- Do you offer 24/7 customer service?
- How will you measure the success of my campaigns and your strategies?
- What is your reporting process? Which metrics do you track? How often will I receive analytical reports?
- How many clients are you currently working with?
- What social media tools do you use?
- How do you stay up-to-date with social media trends?
- Where can I see your portfolio and reviews?
- When should I expect to see results?
- Will I be involved in the project?
- How often should we communicate?
- How much do you charge?
Last Tips To Consider After Hiring A Social Media Agency
The number of social media users is booming.
This is why businesses partner with social media agencies to leverage their skills and knowledge to help them connect with their audience, increase their website traffic and boost their conversions.
To find the right social media management agency, go back to our table and compare companies based on their location, average rates and team size. Then, visit their websites and inspect their portfolios, reviews and testimonials.
Once you pick a partner and your project starts, make sure you:
- Dig into data: Always take into consideration every report you receive from your partner. They will not only give you an insight into how well your brand is doing online, but you will also understand whether the strategies your social media marketing agency uses work.
- Follow the latest trends: Social media best practices constantly change. So, following the latest trends will also help you understand what your partner is doing and why.
- Be cooperative: Sometimes your social media management agency will need your cooperation. For instance, they will need info about your company, some news and even images of the working atmosphere. So, ensure you are always responsive and available to them.